Category Archives: Recording Arts Forum

Aramus Bylaws First Draft — Revised May, 4 2014

Aramus.net Bylaws

FIRST DRAFT version 2
Revised May 4, 2014

All Aramus releases must be approved by a review panel made up of Aramus.net members and artistic advisors, who will be emailed links to new submissions for review. When an applicant has successfully published 3 discrete albums or tracks with Aramus.net, in cumulative duration totaling 25 minutes or more, he or she will be invited to become a voting member of the Aramus Recordings collective. In the event that a submission is rejected for publication, the applicant will be given feedback. Anonymity of applicants will be protected to ensure unbiased assessments by the review panel.

For each track published, the contributor will receive 75 percent (75 %) of the gross revenue for that track generated by Aramus. In place of the remaining 25 percent (25 %), the contributor will receive an ownership stake in Aramus.net with associated voting rights equal to one voting stock share per track submitted. Composers submitting their original works for digital distribution will receive three voting stock shares per track/movement.

Aramus profits will be distributed as follows: 75% of the proceeds from track/album sales and royalties will be dispersed as quarterly payments into Artists’ private PayPal accounts for online use or withdrawal. The remaining 25% will be used by Aramus to market the label and grow our collective “brand” via Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Vevo, CD Baby, Tunecore, Strings Magazine, Chamber Music America, and/or other distribution, advertising, corporate sponsorship, and crowd-sourcing venues. Common Stock reflecting ownership of Aramus Recordings will be maintained in the following proportions: 50% ownership by contributing artists, 50% ownership by management, staff, and support personnel. In the event that the Aramus collective decides to expand by raising capital, a limited number of preferred stock shares may be issued to investors, but only on a non-voting basis.

Aramus’ financial records will be made available on a quarterly basis to all members of the collective with an “open book” policy.

FIRST DRAFT ver. 2 — Aramus.net Bylaws – revised May 4, 2014
Please refer questions or comments to AramusRecords@gmail.com

Advertisements

Recording Arts Forum

The sky has fallen on the record industry. An ever-growing number of brilliant young musicians face little to no prospect of finding support from traditional record labels. At the same time, there is a groundswell of possibility for enterprising artists (as well as amateurs) to have their voices heard through social media — Youtube, Facebook, Google Plus, Pheed, Twitter, and whatever other din-of-the-day comes along to displace last year’s fads. One after another, mega-corporations dance in lockstep to attempt to profit at the expense of musicians who are willing to give away their efforts for the chance to be heard. Even famous artists and orchestras in the classical music world often pay “the suits” to record and distribute their music, all the while competing with mountains of CDs of historical performances lining the shelves of used record stores. Commercial CD stores have become a relic of bygone days, while any junior high school student with a computer and a wifi connection can upload covers by his band to appear alongside the Beatles on Youtube. The noise is deafening — and confusing.

Aramusica.org’s Recording Arts Forum is a place for professional recording artist/musicians, composers, audio engineers, and music lovers, to chat about current recording projects, exchange technical questions and answers, and chart a way forward into the Brave New World of Digital Music.